Monday, April 6, 2009

From Huay Xai to Luang Prabang by slow boat. Laos

part 1 Huay Xai

First time I travelled on Mekong some years ago. The trip by speed boat from Luang Prabang to Thai border took 6 hours . My second journey was in opposite direction. My plan was simple and easy like all trips in Laos: slow boat trip in 2 days.


Late afternoon I strolled in Huay Xai. I watched Mekong and opposite bank where I left Thailand early morning.


Day after some travellers from Thailand crossed Mekong in early hours.


Kids from Huay Xai were used to sight of many foreigners. The frontier cross point between Thailand and Laos in Chiang Khong was popular among backpackers and Thai people from North Thailand.


Exactly at 8 o'clock morning I went into small office selling barge tickets.


The long boat was ready to leave Huay Xai at 9 a.m.





No comments:

Post a Comment