Sunday, April 8, 2012

Red Karen women from Mae Hong Son Province.

Red Karen women.

The representatives of hill tribes in Thailand are disappearing at an alarming rate. I will say they switch to civilian life, leaving their habits and attire. They are been dissolving in Thai society.

Thailand is developing by leaps and bounds, everywhere is electricity, television, and hard-surface roads. If you are really interested in tribal customs and gadgets you should go to Burma.



I was happy when I met a group of women with metal rims on the legs and hands. They wore impressive earrings and metal chokers with house keys.

A woman weaving on the loom sold me her old red blouse and black skirt. ( lucky me :)


*** Mat recorded the geographical coordinates of this village. I will add the location soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment