Thursday, April 30, 2009

Brenda Fassie from South Africa. The best music from Africa.

Every year I stayed for many months in Africa in 1990's. I listened music with my African friends. One of the most popular musician was Branda Fassie. I still have her CDs from this time. Memeza is one of the best.


Brenda was born in 1964 in Langa. She died in hospital ( overdose of cocaine ) in 2004. During her critical days she was visited in the hospital by Nelson Mandela, Winnie Mandela, and Thabo Mbeki.

Her songs have become a part of my life.


5 comments:

  1. Ta cholerna kokaina. Biała śmierć

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes she is 47 years seems to have more .. but has only 47.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not done too much work and search and you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog is very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. É uma pena que ela se foi, pois a música é muito boa e a voz dela contagiante!!! Gostei da dica!!

    ReplyDelete